The Memorial and Library Association of Westerly seeks an innovative, creative, and energetic individual for a new full-time Communications Manager position at a busy, progressive library. The Memorial and Library Association, established in 1892, oversees Westerly Library and Wilcox Park and directly serves the communities of Westerly, RI and Stonington, CT. The Association is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen the community and enrich lives by stimulating intellect and sparking imagination through access to literature, information, nature, and the arts.
The Communications Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of all marketing and communications strategies for library branding, programming and activities. The Communications Manager takes the lead in the monitoring of Westerly Library and Wilcox Park’s mission, vision, values, brand identity and reputation in all consumer-facing media channels, collateral and content. This position is responsible for the coordination of messaging and communications execution, including marketing, public relations, and social media related to the Library and Park including all programming, services, resources, development, and fundraising efforts.
- Working knowleadge of Adobe Creative Suite
- 2-5 years of professional experience in graphic design
- 1-2 years of professional experience in social media
- Working knowledge of HTML
- Experience with Mailchimp or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Associates or Bachelor degree in graphic design, marketing, communications
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Knowledge of Westerly-Pawcatuck community